Sunday, September 20, 2009

DOTCOM Phase #3, Module 2 - Exploring REEL BAD ARABS



Because of the majority of the information associated with the arabs ,i mention so
many things when my brain faces with this word.There are very deep historical connections between our nations.
Now weather's gonna get cold.Excellent arabian resorts have a wonderful enjoyment now if you wanna rest .Source for my mind is my interest to the arabian region.



1)THE THREE-PART BRAIN - In what ways do YOU think REEL BAD ARABS attracted your REPTILIAN (instinctual), FEELING (limbic) and THINKING (neo-cortex) brains?
Reptilian-First i felt myself very well under the impression the music.Then my relaxation disappeared gradually while i was noticing the bad stereotypes of Hollywood.
Limbic-I loved music really very much.It is one of the my most favourite kind of the music.
Neocortex-During the movie I noticed the negative stereotypes of Hollywood,about this nation.I didn't approve it.This people has very great importance in shaping the cultures and history of the nations of our region.
2)PRODUCTION TECHNIQUES - List and describe one specific production technique - lighting, music, camera effects, editing - used by REEL BAD ARABS.
Of course i liked the music most.Camera effects also were ok.
3)PERSUASIVE TECHNIQUES - Looking at our list of 24 plus persuasive techniques, list and describe a specific moment from the film as an example of THREE different specific persuasive techniques used by our filmmakers.
Big lie -The person is under the impression of these movies ,can make negative stereotypes easily.hollywood shows that ,they are just terrorist or stupid millioners.We have to take it account too that arabs don't have positive stereotypes about americans either.Remember it that ,, Are all americans fat and stupid?Are all muslims terrorist?''
Plain fox-They used ordinary people in the movie.It has great role to make such stereotypes.We can't concern some inferior features of arabs to they all.
4)SUGGESTIONS - Offer one specific suggestion for the REEL BAD ARABS filmmakers that might make their film even more powerful.
I offer to Hollywoood to take it account that it has great impression in shapin' people's stereotypes.That's why they've to research every thing before shooting a movie.Because of one or two people the mustn't put mote on whole nation.

3 comments:

  1. An excellent blog post, Togrul!

    I like your point about REPTILIAN giving way to the other two brains as the REEL BAD ARAB movie progresses - my brain did the same...

    And great advice for the Hollywood filmmakers, as well! You are wise to recognize the power of images in crafting our impressions of "the Other."

    Bravo, bravo.

    GO REEL ACTION!

    GO TOGRUL!

    Dr. W

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much Dr. Rob for your wonderful comment.It made be happy that our brains work same in that sphere

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
My name is Togrul.I was born in Baku in 10/12/1993.I am tolerant and optimist man.I am inquisitive.I love to learn new something.I like to listen to music very much.I love rock,rap,pop and other kinds of music.LINKIN PARK is the my most favourite rock group.I like rap too.50 cent,Eminem,K-Maro,Snoop Dogg are my lovely rapers.I like to read book too